ChainGuardians is an intricate and innovative game that wields NFTs as a core component of its experience. On the surface, ChainGuardians is an anime-style blockchain game that traverses its users through storylines, games, and collectibles. Searching deeper, you can see the structure of the blockchain itself and how everything operates. Something as brilliant and sound as ChainGuardians takes a certain caliber of blockchain integrity, consisting of many integrations from the partnerships that have developed through years of building. We can take a look within the ChainGuardians network to spotlight its implementations, amalgamations through NFTs, smart contract optimizations, and innovations of certain features like staking.
It’s a bit technical but the fun is in the details.
Let’s dive in.
A Deeper Look Inside ChainGuardians
First and foremost, the native chain involved in carrying out the ChainGuardians experience is Ethereum, one of the longest smart contract chains and arguably the most robust in terms of activity and popularity. With Ethereum, we can leverage hundreds of popular smart contacts but the chain can also be used to create, deploy, and transfer non-fungible tokens which everyone knows by the acronym NFTs. Although there are many types of NFTs (and even sub NFTs like this example with Crypto Kitties accessories), the ChainGuardian experience uses ERC-721, which can be owned and transacted by individuals on a basis of true value ownership.
Although Ethereum is the creation point for these NFTs through the ERC-721 dataset, ChainGuardians is going a step further in the spirit of decentralization and interoperability by optimizing ChainGuardians as a cross-chain system. This step means that the game and the NFTs used can be accessed on non-Ethereum chains and communicate with each chain as if they were the same chain. ChainGuardians has or will immediately start integrating three features to make them a cross-chain community:
- Binance Smart Chain: also known by its abbreviation BSC, the Binance Smart Chain is a parachain of Binance Chain, or BNB. The purpose of BSC is to create specific design principles such as cross-chain compatibility and a potential onboarding for governance and consensus models. For ChainGuardians, this means that the blockchain data can be used across multiple chains instead of being fixed solely on Ethereum.
- Polygon (formerly MATIC) Layer 2 EVM Solution: as ChainGuardians uses BSC to cross-chain communication, they are also looking toward Polygon, which was formally called Matic, for a solution on side-chain aggregation. This is designed to be a Layer 2 solution for the complex growth issues that Ethereum faces as it becomes popular. Polygon is able to achieve this by using a PoS side chain on the Plasma network. Polygon will be used effectively as an aggregator, which will enable ChainGuardians to use the side chain service for Optimistic Rollups, zkRollups, and Validium. ChainGuardians is also the first project to use NFTs on the Polygon platform for deposits and withdrawals onto their alpha net.
- Elrond Client Solutions: using the Elrond network, ChainGuardians will be exploring smart account capabilities directly into the NFT mechanisms including true asset ownership, appraisals, and efficient transactions for the NFTs at the time of exchange.
The Improvements of ChainGuardians’ NFTs
Since ChainGuardians’ inner workings are surrounded by the use of NFTs, it’s worth taking an exclusive look at the technical progress they are making in this area. NFTs have become extremely popular over the last year and the challenge to produce robust and transferability is real. ChainGuardins, in addition to focusing on the above improvements listed above are also making three distinct enhancements directly with NFTs themselves:
- Chainlink VRF Customization: one of the biggest oracles and original contributors to the DeFi space, Chainlink, has many integrations. ChainGuardians is integrated with their Verifiable Random Function (VRF) directly into the NFTs for a tamper proof RNG. This helps generate reliable smart contacts when unpredictable outcomes are used and relied on in a cause to effect scenario, which is often the case of necessity for blockchain based gaming. Chainlink VRF is a process that allows blockchains to use the idea of randomness without compromising the integrity of the blockchain itself. This provides more integrity to the ChainGuardian platform when participating in the game, allowing for customizations of the NFTs while keeping the smart contacts behind these customizations secure.
- ERC-721 Customized Metadata: on a similar vein from the Chainlink VRF, ChainGuardians has optimized the use of smart contracts within the ERC-721 data set for NFTs, allowing for users to customize the metadata involved in creating these NFTs from the chain. This also allows for the metadata to be constantly updated as the NFTs get used in-game, allowing the tangible value to be changed and increased.
- Gasless Staking Protocol for NFT Mining: ChainGuardians takes great strides in making sure their platform isn’t just a game but also an experience. When it comes to mining non-fungible tokens, a protocol is integrated into the experience to make NFT mining functional without the need to charge gas or network fees. This allows users to continue playing and scouting for NFTs which prevents UX roadblocks and saves both time and money for the community.
ChainGuardians have two things going great for their project with NFTs that helps raise the bar in the crypto industry. On one hand, the six listed integrations help establish how wonderfully built the NFTs are and how polished the ChainGuardians platform is to make it happen. In addition, it also helps establish the use of functional NFTs that goes beyond the scope of simple artwork. ChainGuardians is a full blockchain platform that integrates a RPG game with the strategic use of NFTs that can be used or withdrawn from the platform.
We are on the precipice of NFTs being fully integrated into the crypto experience and ChainGuardians delivers to new heights. It will be a telling journey to see what lies ahead for such an innovative and uniquely characteristic platform.