Sports fans are typically easy to spot throughout the world. From the jerseys on their backs to banners on their social media, fans enthusiastically display their dedication to their teams. One aspect of fandom that is increasingly on display is fantasy sports. The history of fantasy sports is as old as modern day sports with the first instance spotted in Oakland, California in 1950 with golf and later American Footfall in 1962. Yet fantasy sports as we know it today did not become popular until 1981 when Daniel Okrent created a fantasy sports system for Major League Baseball games. Fantasy sports have evolved throughout the years and with the advent of blockchain technology, it’s no surprise that fantasy sports have found a new approach to entertainment. Rage.Fan is the very first project to offer on-chain fantasy sports and entertainment through a user friendly interface and a bundle for incentivized gaming with DeFi and social features.
Rage.Fan Fantasy Sports Platform
Built on blockchain technology, the Rage.Fan platform is a developing project that enables sports fanatics to participate in fantasy sports. It allows fans to create teams of their favorite sports, join contests on the platform and earn rewards by winning. In addition to that, it also enables fans to participate in several quizzing contests before, during or after the contest. On a surface level this encompases most of what people enjoy about fantasy sports; fans are incentivized to have fun and enjoy sports with their friends or other members. Friends and like-kind enthusiasts will always find ways to do what they enjoy. Offering fantasy sports on the blockchain enables a more efficient and practical way to host online gaming.
Among the choices available, community members can choose among cricket, tennis, football, wrestling, kabaddi, and badminton; or other sports such as much-loved American sports like basketball and hockey. Teams can be created to compete based on the skills, knowledge and situational awareness that fans align with to increase the competition with other players. Winners of these competitions are incentivized with rewards.
Through its blockchain fantasy sports platform, Rage.Fan is solving a variety of challenges typically presented in fantasy sports:
- Transparency: One of the biggest challenges platforms facing today is the lack of visibility and transparency in aspects such as rules, point evaluation & determination, pool formations, and distribution of rewards, etc. Rage.Fan is solving this in part by using the transparent and immutable blockchain to openly share all information.
- Cost Modeling: Another challenge in the current fantasy sports model is pricing of each service, which can either be priced extremely high or unfairly given the ratio of the rewards offered. On average, the rewards for winning sports prizes are typically only 2x of what the average person has invested in playing. As it stands, the average player at best only doubles their money. By placing data on-chain on the Ethereum network, the costs for fantasy sports is significantly reduced, allowing platforms like Rage.Fan to increase the winnings ratio of the user.
- Influence: Many fantasy sports platforms give little to zero voice to the members that use the platform, which can lead to certain challenges like unfavorable changes or misunderstood communities. One way Rage.Fan places the community first is through a token based governance model, which allows the platform to be shaped by the fans who have the most emotional and investment interest in playing fantasy sports. Each fan’s platform voting power is proportional to their individual share of the overall token pool.
With these challenges addressed, Rage.Fan is able to provide strategic solutions that can potentially improve player enjoyment of fantasy sports. These solutions enable automated market creation for players using algorithmic tools, multi-sport options that participants can simultaneously play, and fair and transparent transactions on the Ethereum network.
$RAGE, the native token of Rage.Fan is developed specifically to facilitate these solutions. The token offers a wide range of utilities that provide value to the network while giving incentives to players. On the platform, the $RAGE can be used for staking, governance over future changes and adaptations led by the community, and as in-game currency to be exchanged at a fair rate. In addition, the RAGE token takes advantage of an array of unique mining features that can be flexibly adapted by sports enthusiasts:
- Game Mining: This solution is a mining feature that enables players to gain $RAGE for playing on the Rage.Fan platform.
- Augmented Reality (AR) Token Mining: One of the most innovative utilities is the intersection between $RAGE and Augmented Reality (AR). Inspired by Pokemon Go, the fans can now earn $RAGE through several AR token mining methods..
- Social Media Mining: Social mining focuses on extending the Rage.Fan platform while rewarding minerst. Some of the mining features for social media include but are not limited to influencers and marketing awareness.
- Referral Mining: In addition to social media mining, fans can spread the word directly about Rage.Fan to their friends and earn RAGE for their efforts.
The Rage.Fan Value Proposition
Rage.Fan offers a unique and innovative way to play fantasy sports with a robust set of features that gives power to the fans. Through decentralized fantasy sports on the blockchain, fans have the ability to play as they intended, without being restricted by rising costs or confusing systems. The RAGE token also gives users freedom and incentives to keep playing on the platform whereas other communities lacking such incentives may lapse or even dissolve over time. With Rage.Fan, the power is placed in the players’ hands.
In essence Rage.Fan is striving to bring a mainstream, centralized platform for the first time to a completely decentralized experience!