Without compromise, Polkamarkets is a predictive market platform that pushes the infotainment niche on DeFi to new heights, with its innovative approach to asset forecasting, DeFi powered rewards model, governance tools, and integrated API for other platforms to leverage the same power Polkamarkets uses on its native dashboard.
But Polkamarkets gives us a myriad of reasons why the future looks even better.
Features Of A Five Star Platform
In order to see where Polkamarkets is going and the road to predictive markets done well, we can see a glimpse into the future by looking at their current platform package. With a project that’s been public for approximately two months, they have a lot going for the average user that’s attracted to these markets. There’s a bit too many to list, but categorizing most of them, they can be discussed into three separate sections:
- Infotainment Forecasting: being a platform that revolves about information and predictive results, Polkamarkets must have a robust set of solutions for such information. Polkamarkets makes large categories of information that’s made a sub to users, which include topics such as sports, esports, crypto, weather, and much more. This is also paired well with their forecasting model where users can create their own markets for predictive outcomes.
- Staking and Provision: users have a lot of utility available that’s baked into the Polkamarket platform with their native POLK token. The main way the community can benefit is by Staking POLK tokens into a liquidity pool, which allows for a more efficient platform operation while being rewarded in more POLK tokens for doing so. Trading fees on the platform are also given to those that provide and participate in the pool. Users can also mine POLK tokens by creating forecasts, which also helps generate interest on the market side. It’s a very effective system that cycles throughout the platform.
- Distributed Economics: this category is the most complex and diverse, but generally speaking there is an environment on Polkamarkets that produces real distribution and DeFi activity. For example, POLK tokens are used as a governance utility, allowing the community to help decisions get made on the platform. In addition to the governance model, holders of the POLK token can eventually create their own predictive markets.
This trio of feature rich categories provide one of the most attractive platforms to date. Yet it also seems that they are not stopping here and continuing to look ahead.
Looking Ahead With Polkamarkets
With the foundations in place, Polkamarkets is set to have an explosive year that raises the bar for the niche. Here are a few of the highlights for each quarter:
- Q2 2021: POLK token mining, curated lists, markets for crypto and esports, liquidity provision creation, and curated lists for asset forecasting
- Q3 2021: expected migration to Polkadot, additional markets for politics and traditional sports, odds that are powered by AI, NFT gamification protocols, and the ability to have live streams and events.
- Q4 2021: advanced utility to liquidity provisioning (what Polkamarkets is calling Liquidity Provision 2.0), governance models, and administrative tools.
In addition to those listed above, we also have a glimpse into 2022 with their proposed plans to have cross-chain fractions trading along with stablecoin integrations and DAO-based governance. It’s a very exciting 12 months to see them mature into new heights.
On the Horizon
As the future unfolds for predictive markets, Polkamarkets has something between the current day and the future that is going to be ready very soon. Last week, the team behind Polkamarkets shared more product screens for their MVP set to launch very soon. Combining a perfect mix of features in an easy to use UI, the MVP launch for Polkamarkets show they are committed to bringing great quality right out of the gate. For this public facing product, a number of features are available right out of the gate:
- $POLK token utility for yield farming, for mining through forecasting and by providing liquidity on the platform
- Offering provision for liquidity and rewards for Liquidity Providers
- Live Features: ability to get on a livestream and see video feeds for live events
- Gamification features for NFTs
- And much more
It’s great to see a product showcase a robust amount of features on their first iteration that works well and provides a sleek experience. Polkamarkets has an experienced and knowledgeable team that has worked hard to get this project ready for release and it seems their hard work will pay off.
With everything that has been shown, POLK has shown that they want to raise the bar in the predictive markets niche every day. It’s not just about having a good amount of features that make sense or solving issues around liquidity and rewards. It’s also not just about having a way to present this data that looks attractive to the user. All of these features combined help present a new era for prediction entertainment. It’s about an experience.
It should be an exciting year to see how Polkamarkets unrolls these experiences and how users can take advantage of a great suite of products and services.