This is an extract from the article The Importance of Community in Crypto and contains the full transcript of my interview with Marton Ven – The Chief Marketing Officer of Te-Food.
TE-FOOD is a farm-to-table fresh food traceability ecosystem on blockchain, covering all logistics and food quality activities and data management of the supply chain. It provides cost effective software and identification tools to make livestock and fresh food supply information transparent.
1) What does community mean to you?
The main motivators to implement food traceability are government authorities and consumers. If any of them requires it, companies will take steps to make food supply chains more transparent. Governments often don’t know “how to require” food companies to provide traceability information. And consumers often don’t know that they could put pressure on food companies with their requirements. We think that having a caring community and reminding them that they have the right to know what they eat is an important task.
2) What in your opinion makes a robust Crypto community?
We think that on the long term, the goals and culture of the project is important for people. Each project finds the community which resembles the values of the project. There are people who resonate to constant hype, and there are others who value humble work. We think that the strongest statements of a business are the achievements. You can always argue hype, but it’s hard to argue achievements.
And we believe that our business domain – food safety – is something people stand behind with pleasure, because it literally can save lives.
And of course we don’t forget transparency and honesty are also important from the project. We make a lot of efforts to discuss the concerns and questions of our community, not just distribute our news to them.
3) How do you keep your community satisfied and engaged?
We think in case of food safety, honest and clear communication is the most important thing. When people learn what we do, they understand why is it important for the world.
4) Do you believe that having a strong community directly impacts the success of a project?
Of course. The success of a project is adoption, and communities can directly or indirectly help adoption. We have met some of our partners through our community.
5) Regarding FUD – what measures and precautions do you take to combat this negative press when it occurs in order to keep the community happy?
As we experienced, there are three basic reasons for FUD:
– Lack of knowledge – this is understandable, as there are a lot of people in crypto without business or technology experience. In most cases, we can clarify their concerns.
– Tribality – it’s when believers of a project bash other projects. We wrote our opinion about this here
You can find all of Te-Food’s relevant information below:
The Daily Chain – The Leading Site for Unique and Informative Daily Crypto Content