Decentralized Finance (DeFi) is an ecosystem of decentralized financial applications that are backed by cryptography. This revolutionary new financial system is on the way to decentralizing traditional financial services such as payments, trading, lending, borrowing, investing, wealth management, insurance, etc., by the blockchain.
As with any new technological movement, there are always minor setbacks as blockchain tech, smart contracts, & stablecoins continue to evolve. Although Ethereum has been around for over five years, DeFi has been around for roughly half that time.
The Uniswap trend clearly shows that crypto participants are warming up to these DeFi products and services, which remove intermediaries from the equation and lead to customers getting more value and freedom than ever before. Compared to the restrictions, fine print, and exorbitant fees commonly associated with the traditional industry standards that we’ve all been accustomed to (before blockchain technology came along), it’s no surprise the momentum for these decentralized platforms has only gained in popularity and demand.
However, taking one look at the progression of DeFi, it’s apparent that some glaring issues have yet to be adequately addressed:
- Poor User-Experience – The protocols are complicated and mostly designed for crypto-native users; the UX of DeFi products should be one of the top priorities for developers.
- Anonymous Founders are Very Risky – This enables anyone to contribute and own part of a new protocol and potentially allow bad actors to create malicious projects that exit-scam by stealing all the funds through a hidden back-door.
- Community Governance is Challenging w/ an Inexperienced Team – Many users don’t consider both the internal governance of an asset and its external regulations.
- Technical Issues – Smart contract vulnerabilities are always a risk of DeFi protocols. They are closely tied to another common problem, ‘User Error,’ i.e., users can send the money to the wrong addresses.
DAOventures is an Ethereum-based asset allocation tool for investors to access curated decentralized finance (DeFi) investment opportunities with ease, helping them generate optimal yield on their digital assets.
DAOventures is bridging the gaps and introducing an automated smart money manager for DeFi. It is a pooled money-manager and robo-advisor for DeFi. With the technologists’ core team consisting of an ex-Google China Head of Mobile, an ex-Standard Chartered Bank digital and innovation manager, and experienced full stack and blockchain developers, DAOventures intends to accelerate the bridge to the future of finance with DeFi.
- Provides a simple, secure, & trusted system – where everyone can invest their crypto in a single dashboard with self-custody/approvals, getting the best returns.
- An automated money manager for DeFi – helping investors and liquidity providers (LP) get the best return from their crypto investments by solving the industry’s existing problems is the objective.
- A DAO that helps Liquidity Provider’s (LP) invest in DeFi products as a pooled money manager – with smart contracts and automated Robo-Traders, quickly finding the best performing DeFi assets for the most optimized returns are possible.
- Works like a “typical VC,” sourcing deals & investment opportunities to generate optimized returns for the LP – DAOventures builds technology and tools like risk-adjusted yield-farming, token investments, low/medium/high-risk portfolio strategies, etc. – in-house.
Through products like Robo-Advisory, yield-farming aggregation, fund management, structured products, and more, DAOventures builds a more straightforward and better way to earn returns in DeFi.
DeFi Products in a Dashboard: You can simply explore and evaluate various DeFi assets on the market by browsing curated products, checking historical returns, and more.
Non-custody & Self-Approval: DAOventures do not hold the user’s capital. DeFi enables self-custody for everyone so you can interact & approve ‘smart contracts’ individually – you own your money.
Performance & Optimization: Your investments are transparent on the blockchain, and you would be able to monitor your capital 24/7 by reviewing and optimizing your portfolio.
DAOventures aims to build the most straightforward and best tool to invest and manage your DeFi portfolio. The core-team researched, analyzed, and back-tested the latest DeFi protocols to filter the best from the rest.
Its main value proposition is the user experience to deliver seamless experience and usability with the best performing strategies.
- Simplicity: Browse recommended investment strategies – select, approve & invest automatically.
- Secure: Security audit, code-review, open-source review, pen-test, and 3rd party firm audited.
- Trusted: Transparent, professional fintech & cryptocurrency team, and verified smart contracts.
- Efficient: With a ‘pooled investment fund’ and better gas fees calculation, investors save gas up to a particular percentage.
- The approach taken by the team is a simple yet effective one – don’t let the community deploy their crypto unless the team would be comfortable deploying theirs first, by ensuring all products are audited, and 3rd-party reviewed.
- The security of all DAOventures participants is of the utmost importance; there are no user accounts on the platform – DAOventures works directly with Web3 wallets like Metamask.
- You own your own private keys, and no one but you can access your funds.
DAOventures’ high-level products’ framework consists of lending/borrowing, automated robo-investor, and other decentralized finance products.
Some of the products and solutions on DAOventures include:
- Yield-Farming: Generate yield by merely choosing a portfolio. Choose from a range of different yield farming strategies from low-risk, low-reward to high-risk, high-reward.
- Automated DeFi Managers: Automated DeFi Managers are simple-basic algo strategies that deploy user’s cryptocurrency to the best yield aggregator through $USDT, $USDC, $DAI, and other stablecoins. This strategy for lending platforms that rebalances for the highest yield during contract interaction.
- Lending or Borrowing & AMM: Riding with the rise of the DeFi market, Uniswap trading volume has continuously exceeded some of the top centralized exchanges globally, ie. Coinbase. DAOventures will be tapping into these protocols in the near future.
All the pooled crypto funds are deployed to the best ROI% of DeFi protocols.
- Lending % – Interest % from lending to top DeFi protocols
- Yield-Farming – Investing in different DeFi protocols
- Arbitrage – DeFi Arbitrage trading on various DeFi protocols
- Capital Gain – Governance token from DeFi market for capital appreciation
Robo-Advisor allocates pooled crypto funds based on “Ethereum smart-contract” that automatically invests into deFi protocols and generates a return for LPs. Regular crypto investors struggle with the difficulty and complexity of interacting with DeFi protocols.
DAOventures will introduce its primary product, ‘Automated DeFi Manager v1’, as a basic investment strategy for the initial phases. Gradually, they have a plan to launch five to ten more different DeFi Asset-Managing products.
The $DVG Token
The DVG token is the native governance token to the DAOventures platform.
- Cash Flow from Digital Assets: All investors are able to generate yield/returns from their existing digital assets and get yield by participating in DeFi investments.
- Community Participation with Governance Token: The governance token model enables LP to cast votes for changes to the protocol rules.
- Compliance and Security: Audited all processes and smart contracts will be reviewed and audited before deployed into the mainnet.
The DAOventures team is very versatile and features some of the biggest tech companies in the world; this impressive roster includes:
Alvin Foo — Strategy, business, and marketing. Ex-Googler, IPG, Omnicom, Nokia. Advisor for tech & crypto startups; SXSW, SOSventures, & Sparklabs.
Victor Lee — Product, tech, and crypto. Ex- Standard Chartered Bank PM & Ex-Omnicom Group director, ex-Chinaccelerator and SOSventures.
Soon Lai — Software architect for financial trading systems. Experienced in front-end, back-end & blockchain, Ex-iFast: Fintech wealth management.
Hsiang — Blockchain lead. Native blockchain and smart contract developer with more than five years of experience in DeFi, dApps using Solidity, and the latest frameworks.
The DAOventures technology team architects build and execute the DAO’s proposal to the protocol. The core-team previously built predictive data analytics on the crypto market.
Late Q1 & Early Q2, 2021
- Plans for 2021 include the launching of five to ten different DeFi products ($DAI, $USDC, $TUSD, and more), launching $DVG governance token protocols, & partnering with wrapped BTC and other protocols for interoperability.
- DAOventures also intends to build a cross-platform mobile dApp with Web3 crypto wallet, localization of the solutions, & product with multi-language capability, etc.
Please refer to ‘Future Roadmap of DAOventures.’
DeFi is complicated and risky enough; DAOventures aims to create simple and easy-to-use solutions to generate optimized risk-adjusted returns for depositors of various cryptocurrencies. Via the best-in-class lending protocols, liquidity pools, and specialized strategies, DAOventures empowers investors for an unfair advantage today.
Backed by an extremely talented, well-rounded, & experienced team, DAOventures has plans of partnering with wrapped BTC and other protocols for interoperability. The team will also be launching more money-market solutions and decentralized financial products, creating cross-platform mobile dApps with Web3 crypto wallets, and applying for a Singapore MAS payment services act license for compliance.
With the growing number of crypto participants looking to make yield in a safe and straightforward platform in these uncertain times, DAOventures product/market fit seems impeccable – and the demand only looks to increase as DeFi continues to go mainstream.
*Disclaimer – DAOventures is our Media Partner, and this content is made possible with their support. The above article does not represent financial, investment, or trading advice, and we do not recommend the purchase of any cryptocurrency or product without consulting a financial aid. The Daily Chain strongly encourages you to do your own research before making any investment decisions.