This is an extract from the article The Importance of Community in Crypto and contains the full transcript of my interview with Rick Howe – The Founder and Project Manager (Technical) of Zero.
ZERO is a revolutionary cryptocurrency and transaction platform based on Zcash. It:
– Offers total payment confidentiality, while still maintaining a decentralised network using a public blockchain.
– Combines Bitcoin’s security with Zcash’s anonymity and privacy.
– Stands out from the competition as a fully working product that has already implemented a set of special core features not found in any other cryptocurrency.
1) What does community mean to you?
For us, community is a building block, a motivation to move forward, it’s the thing Zero relies on. The Team is fully motivated by the community to move forward and keep developing because the community is the most precious building block for us.
2) What in your opinion makes a robust Crypto community?
Transparency and activity makes for a robust crypto community whilst keeping the community engaged and satisfied. A strong community absolutely impacts the success of the overall project.
3) How do you keep your community satisfied and engaged?
We’re constantly keeping the community in the loop. Everything we do, we do with them. We think that transparency is the most important thing, especially in crypto space. There are too many people scared of scams, we’re trying to mitigate that within Zero with outside audit’s & reviews whilst maintaining complete transparency, we feel this is the best way to do so. We’re also activating the community in some decision making and organising a lot of Twitter giveaways, voting etc
4) Do you believe that having a strong community directly impacts the success of a project?
Yes, for us, having a strong community is paramount to the success of the project, especially in cryptocurrency. They’re the most important part of cryptocurrency’s lifespan, the use case, without a use case, a cryptocurrency has no reason to exist, that’s why we strive to increase our trusted community and with that, gain more use cases & more users that pay with/utilise zero.
5) Regarding FUD – what measures and precautions do you take to combat this negative press when it occurs in order to keep the community happy?
Regarding FUD, Zero’s idea is to build up a strong reputation over time with the community & outside world through being transparent, positive word of mouth (recommendation), completion/quality of work delivered on time. All this works together to keep the project legit and helps defend from outside FUD.
You can find all of Zero’s relevant information below:
The Daily Chain – The Leading Site for Unique and Informative Daily Crypto Content